No single index can meet the needs of every investment professional. S&P Custom Indices gives clients the freedom to create or tailor an index that better reflects their unique investment ideas. Clients also rely on S&P Custom Indices to calculate indices that are more closely related to their investment strategies or investment mandates.
With offices in major financial hubs such as New York, London, Beijing, Tokyo and Sydney, Standard & Poor’s calculates, maintains and distributes thousands of custom indices around the globe. Clients serviced include derivative and structured product providers, ETF providers, exchanges, asset managers and pension plans seeking customized index solutions across all asset classes.
Why Choose S&P Custom Index & Calculation Service?
S&P Custom Indices' global team of experienced industry professionals works closely with each client to ensure that each index solution matches its underlying strategy. Additional value-added services provided to clients include:
- Standard and Poor’s proprietary index calculation capabilities. S&P Custom Indices uses the same index calculation platform used by Standard & Poor’s. Index calculation is a core business of Standard & Poor’s, providing clients with global economies of scale and ensuring the cost-effective creation and maintenance of any type of custom index.
- Multiple asset class solutions. Customized solutions can be created and calculated across multiple asset classes including equities, commodities and fixed income. For example, depending on clients’ requirements, the equity universe can be customized by sector, geography, alternative weight, net return and hedging.
- Independence and objectivity. Clients rely on S&P Custom Indices to address regulatory requirements that may constrain their in-house index developments and usage.
- Leveraging the S&P Indices brand. Clients have the opportunity to leverage a well-known, well-respected and objective brand that signifies immediate legitimacy to the underlying index.
- “Calculated by Standard& Poor’s.” Use of the S&P mark and logo is a powerful communications tool that provides clients with the opportunity to highlight S&P’s calculation and verification standards.
For more information about Standard & Poor’s Custom Index Service or to inquire about a custom index, please contact Client Services at 212-438-2046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Custom Index Examples
Considering a Custom Index?
Contact Client Services